Okay, I’ll admit that I’ve only made this once. I usually try all my baking recipes two or three times prior to posting, to ensure they work right and they are to my absolute liking. However, this one worked immediately.
I was trying to make a bread without nuts, which although are very healthy, we shouldn’t be eating a lot of them every day. Plus, I wanted a dry bread, without the cake like texture most Paleo breads have. And I’ve succeeded, at least for my palate. 😉
I hope you like it as much as I do, and experiment on your own with different spices and flavours! Pictured here is the bread with my homemade pate, which I’ve revised recently so it’s much simpler to make. Enjoy!
ROSEMARY COCONUT SAVOURY BREAD
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup flaxmeal
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- In a bowl, beat with a hand mixer the eggs, olive oil, coconut milk, and rosemary until smooth.
- Add the flaxmeal, soda and sea salt and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well. By now, the mixture is rather dry.
- Scrap the dough with a spatula into an ovenproof dish and form with hands into a pretty bread shape. (You can also scoop the dough into a small baking tin and spread out with the spatula.)
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.