I’ve never tried chia seeds until yesterday. I had been eager to find out what they are like and to see if I like them enough to start using in recipes, especially puddings since I miss having a comfort food that’s easy to make.
For my first attempt, I made a simple chia pudding with strawberries instead of just coconut milk. The result, I must say is delicious and quite filling. I may be experimenting with these seeds (at least enough to use up the package I purchased)… although in moderation, as there are controversial views on whether or not to include them in our Paleo/Primal diets on a regular basis. See here, here, and here for more information and make your own informed decision about consuming chia seeds.
- 1 cup strawberry puree (about 20 medium strawberries)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place the strawberries in a blender and puree.
- Add the lime juice and coconut milk and blend well.
- Pour into a glass container and add the chia seeds.
- Stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, long enough for the seeds to absorb the liquids and create a gel.
- Stir before eating.