I try to vary my breakfast as much as possible, and love to include vegetables on a regular basis. Yesterday, I was in the mood for something sweeter and created this recipe.
There’s no need for sweetener, except for some melted honey and fruit over top. Also, it’s nut free, for those of you who like me, get tired of nut flours in baking.
I ate my first batch and made a second, pictured, to freeze. So I didn’t want to cover them up with any toppings. They are great the next day, toasted in the oven!
- 2 very ripe, medium sized bananas (about 1/2 cup), mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 heaping cup of grated carrots (about 2 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (scoop the flour with the measuring spoon to pack well)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with your hands or use a blender to do so.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the spices, baking soda, coconut milk and carrots and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well.
- Spoon onto the waffle iron and bake according to the manufacturer’s instructions.