I think I’m still a baker at heart. But baking these days is more of a challenge than it used to be, since I want to keep all my baking gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free, as much as possible. Therefore, I’m always in search of inspiration for recipe ideas, especially for breads.
I follow a few blogs on Facebook and one of them, Against All Grain, posted a delicious looking cranberry lemon loaf that was perfectly timed with my supply of fresh cranberries. Here is the result. I changed the recipe a tiny bit, as I have a hard time sticking to any recipe 100% of the time.
CRANBERRY PEAR LOAF
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, fresh cranberries
- 2 small pears, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Grease an 9×4 loaf pan with olive oil.
- Place all of the ingredients, except the cranberries and pears, in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Fold in cranberries and pears.
- Pour into mold.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.