A word of caution: you will want to make these all the time! They are addictive and so easy to make, you can’t help yourself. At least, I couldn’t. I’ve made these four times since I created the recipe and I just cannot get enough.
They make a perfect garnish element or can be devoured (yes devoured, although that’s not too elegant for a garnish) alone. I made them specifically for this Rhubarb Semifreddo, and I keep eating the “props” every time! 😉
To make them curved: allow to cool about 1 minute out of the oven and then place over a glass or rolling pin. Press into shape and allow to cool completely.
They are best eaten the day they are made or the next day, after which they become chewy.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more if you prefer)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablepsoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 150C (300F).
- Prepare a cookie tray for the oven with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and honey until smooth.
- Add the egg white and beat until fluffy.
- Add the arrowroot powder and coconut flour.
- Mix well.
- Pour onto the parchment paper into the desired shapes. I made 4 elongated wafers, but you can make them round or into another shape.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.